CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Yuck!

I woke up this morning feeling just disgusting. My sweet younger sister was kind enough to bring me a souvenir of her trip to church camp last week...a fun summer cold!

On a random, though not unrelated note, I love the new Kleenex boxes...the oval ones that are actually pretty. It makes a cold almost bearable to be able to look at a
sunny yellow Kleenex box. So much better than those ugly old gray boxes.

I spent most of the day in bed catching up on some much-needed sleep, but managed to get some reading in, too. I'm currently reading Liz Curtis Higgs' "
Lowlands of Scotland" series and utterly enjoying it. The series is a retelling of the story of Jacob, Rachel and Leah (one of my favorites, for obvious reasons), based in Scotland. The author takes a lot of creative license, but I really love it. One of my favorite things is that she sprinkles bits of Gaelic throughout the books. One word has stood out to me - "gracie". I checked the glossary at the back of the book and found that it means "devout, virtuous". How cool is that? I'd absolutely love to be called a "gracie woman". Or maybe I should say "gracie lass".

0 comments: