CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Happy Birthday, Mom!

Today's my mom's birthday! Like most of the best-laid plans, it's not turning out exactly as she hoped, but nevertheless, I wish her a very happy day. She deserves no less.

I've got to take a minute to brag on my mom just a little bit. She's an incredible woman. Here's just a few items on her resume:

  • She's an incredible mother - willing to let her kids be themselves and encouraging them to fly on their own.
  • She's a devoted wife, sticking with my dad for almost 27 years and supporting him every step of the way.
  • She's had a long career as a teacher - I think this year marks twenty years. She's taught K-12, all subjects and has had three kids graduate so far.
  • She's easily the most talented person I've ever met - a great painter, seamstress, writer, decorator, cook, baker, scrapbooker - she's the complete package.
  • She's had numerous part-time jobs over the years - teaching painting, booths at craft shows, working retail and sewing home dec projects.

Over the past couple of years, Mom has found the one thing that I think gives her personal satisfaction, as she's joined the children's ministries staff at church. She loves those kids so much and she loves her volunteers maybe just a little bit more. I've never seen her so excited about something - she can barely talk about anything else.

It's been an absolute joy to be my mother's daughter these 24 years, but it's been an even greater joy to be her friend these past few. Thanks, Mom, for all the love, support, encouragement, girls' nights out, listening ears, crops, advice, laughter, tears...thanks for being more than just a mother, but my Mama! I love you!

1 comments:

CLUB Basics said...

You are way too sweet for your own good! I love you too!