CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 1, 2007

I hate this crazy state

I don't really. But there are about four or five weeks every year that I really think I do. And those weeks typically fall in the months of September and October. These are the weeks that everyone else is putting on sweaters and corduroys, going for long walks, baking pies and drinking apple cider.

But in Texas? Well, the stores are filled with those sweaters and cords, but everyone is still walking around in shorts and tank tops. Long walks? Only if you want to really work up a sweat. Baking pies? The air conditioner is already working overtime and turning on the oven will only make things worse. And apple cider? Ask for it in Kroger and you'll have people looking at you like you're crazy, telling you to check back at Thanksgiving.

I love this state. I love this state. I love this state. But today I hate this state.

0 comments: