CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

The REAL joy of being a woman

As I got dressed this morning, the thought occurred to me: "How empty men's lives must be - they have no closet full of shoes". This thought is not original to me...I know I've seen it on a Hallmark card or two.

But seriously. This morning, I put on a navy blue high-waisted pencil skirt and a navy-blue-and-white printed blouse. I added some gold jewelry, but the outfit was still slightly bland. But then I added a pair of red patent leather heels. And not only did the outfit suddenly look like something straight out of InStyle (I'm thinking next time my trench coat might complete the ensemble), but my mood suddenly soared!

As I went through the day, it just got better and better. The moment I walked in the door someone complimented my lovely red shoes. One girl even stopped her conversation and leaned out of her cube to watch the red shoes walking by.

One more thing...these particular shoes came at a price. I found them at Marshall's for $20.00, but in a half-size too small. Yes, I bought them anyway, because, yes, I am that vain. And each time I've worn them, my feet have screamed all day. Except today...thanks to a little trick I learned courtesy of the Rachael Ray Show. This morning, before leaving the house, I held my blowdryer to the inside of the toe and the heel of each shoe. The heat from the blowdryer, along with your body heat, softens the leather and allows it to stretch throughout the day. Give it a try...it really works!

3 comments:

Mommy Parr said...

You make me want to buy shoes a half size too small just so I can try the blow dryer trick. BTW we bought a new part so I can download the pics to my computer again. New post tomorrow, I promise!

Miss Mommy said...

I have an early Xmas gift for you that I am really excited about now...you'll see...I have one for Sarah, too, but it's slightly different....

Rach said...

You're piquing my interest, Em!