CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 13, 2007

And the madness begins...

Those who know me well will most likely read the title of this blog, pause to reflect on the fact that it's the middle of August, and possibly remember that this is the time of the year when football fills my every conversation.

For those who don't know me well (although they're probably not reading this blog), I'm a die-hard fan of the Carolina Panthers. I have stuck by them through thick and thin, from a 1-15 season to three NFC Championships and one Super Bowl that still brings tears to my eyes on occasion. One night last week, I'll confess that I actually dreamed about football. I think it's a first - even for me! But I dreamt that our star receiver, Steve Smith, was killed in a car accident. I woke the next morning and immediately checked http://www.panthers.com/, just to ensure that it wasn't true. This morning, driving to work, I passed a car with this on the back and tried desperately to think of some way to communicate that I was also a Panthers fan. We're few and far between in Texas - you've gotta stick together!

I'll try not to fill this blog with football talk, but I will warn you that it may pop up every now and then. I need a place to celebrate those glorious victories (like over the Cowboys, please God!) and agonize over the defeats (not too many, please God!). For now, I'm happy! We beat the Giants this weekend. I didn't get to watch the game, but I'm satisfied knowing that they played well and won.

2 comments:

Miss Mommy said...

Oh, Rach...such fond memories! ;) Amazing that you picked up on my singing...p.s. Is it okay that I added you as a link on my blog?

Rach said...

Of course it's okay! And I love the alias...I need to add that to my blog!