CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 30, 2007

I Am


This weekend, I was unexpectedly blessed with the chance to go to Women of Faith. My joy was made full when I found that Nichole Nordeman would be singing at the conference.

I LOVE Nichole Nordeman! A friend introduced me to her through her "Woven and Spun" CD several years ago and that particular CD has topped my list of favorites ever since.

Nichole's music is beautiful, but her lyrics are what set her apart from other artists, in my opinion. They are completely authentic and consequently, thought-provoking.

My favorite of Nichole's songs is "I Am" and I was thrilled when she sang it on Saturday afternoon. If you've never heard the song, please go to ITunes and buy it. I promise you won't regret spending the $0.99. The song speaks about the stages of life for a woman, from childhood to the teen years to marriage and young children. At each stage, it speaks of God's presence at that place and uses several names for Him...from "Elbow-Healer" to "Comforter, Maker, Life-Sustainer".

While I've loved this song for several years, I heard it in a new light this weekend. I went home and in the course of my devotions this week, I've begun reading through the Psalms and underlining the names and attributes of God. It's amazing to me that He is all of these things. When I desperately need a Rock and a Fortress, He says "I Am". When I need a Shepherd or a Father, He says "I Am". He truly is all that I need.

1 comments:

Mommy Parr said...

Songs have a way of touching us like nothing else sometimes. Hymns almost always make me want to cry if I really think about the words while I am singing. One of my favorite meaningful songs is Ginny Owens' "If You Want Me To". I am sure you know it but if you don't you should totally listen to it. LY