CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 23, 2007

If money were no object...

One of my favorite tv shows is Project Runway. I've enjoyed it since season two, but I've actually not been a big fan of Tim Gunn. But I decided to give his new show - Tim Gunn's Guide to Style - a try anyway.

I'm hooked.

The biggest hook for me is Tim's list of ten essentials that should be in every woman's closet. It's got me taking a closer look at my own closet. And while I have something that will pass for most of the categories, I've been thinking more than a little bit about the essentials that I would buy...if money were no object and I could afford nothing but Nordstrom's. And lucky you...I decided to share! By the way, the essentials are listed in no particular order.

#1 - Blazer - Semantiks Suiting Jacket (note on this one - there are far cuter blazers out there right now, but I figured Tim probably meant something classic.)

#2 - Jeans - David Kahn Jeans 'Nikki K Pocket' Stretch Jeans (confession...I already own and love these)


#3 - Trench coat - Soia and Kyo Belted All Weather Chino Coat

#4 - Cashmere Sweater - Karoo Mark Eisen Sash Sweater

#5 - White Blouse - Elie Tahari 'Celia' Shirt (the tie is removable...but why would you want to?)

#6 - Skirt - Semantiks 'Item' Pleated Skirt (Semantiks must be a store brand, because this skirt is pretty reasonable...well under $100.00. I may be able to justify this one...take a look at the picture of the back and tell me you're not in love!)


#7 - Dress Pants - Laundry by Design Herringbone Cuff Trousers

#8 - Black Dress - Suzi Chin Maggi Boutique Drape Back Crepe Sheath

#9 - Sweatsuit Alternative - Karta Beaded Tunic Dress (imagine this over jeans...perfect for running errands)

#10 - Day Dress - Diane von Furstenberg 'Estovan' Silk Jersey Dress

Coming tomorrow...another top ten list that Tim apparently forgot - accessories!










3 comments:

Miss Mommy said...

That's pretty funny...I feel you have truly evolved as a fashion guru...I fear I have become that stay-at-home mom who still wears maternity underwear since nothing matches anymore anyway...I will do my best to look reasonably fashionable as I leave the Midwest and reenter a Material World...;)

Rach said...

What can I say? I have to blame it on Frisco...and my former personal shopper sister.

Mommy Parr said...

I have to admit I will watch Tim Gunn's new show if I come across it and find myself also mentally tearing apart my closet. While I understand the "essentials" I ask, why be boring in black and white when there are so many wonderful colors (and patterns) out there? And while your at it slap a fun dragonfly pin on whatever your wearing!