CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 22, 2007

It's progress!

I realize I've been missing from the blog world for a while. I wish I could say it's because I've had a super-exciting and busy social life, but really? I've been catching up on Grey's Anatomy.

More posts are coming soon, but I just have to share a little bit about...well, football.

This year Evan's playing for the MYFL Saints. Now in the past he's played for the Sooners and y'all...they rocked! Several "Super Bowls" and the playoffs almost every season. But this year it's the Saints. They have a new coach and several brand new players...I think nine boys that have never played football. So one would think that the MYFL head-honchos would put the Saints in the lower bracket. But no, they put them in the higher bracket, based on their past performance.

All that to say...we're gettin' beat up...bad. Our boys lost the first two games and were unable to even score during either game. The first week, they held their heads high, but last week, morale was definitely down.

Tonight marked some progress, though. We played the Longhorns tonight. Now we former-Sooners hate the Longhorns. Big rivalry...there was a MYFL Red River Shootout every season. And the fans! The closest I have ever come to murder has been at one of those shootouts...there's one mom-slash-fan with her burnt orange and her cowbell that just delights in screaming over us every time we try to encourage our team. Well, she was back tonight and I made it my personal mission to drown. her. out. As a result, I now have no voice.

But back to football. Our boys, with more than a little encouragement from the fans, managed to score a touchdown tonight...extra point and all. They still lost - 31-7, but it's progress, y'all! I told Evan that the goal for next week is to lead at some point in the game. The week after that, we'll start to think about winning!

Sorry, no pictures. I was a little too obsessed with outdoing psychotic burnt orange mom. I'll try to catch a few next week.

1 comments:

Mommy Parr said...

I wish I could have seen you taking on the psycho mom. Priceless! I ask though, where is the Panthers update?